MLA Style of research papers: how to do it?
MLA style of research paper is often specified by lectures as a guideline for formatting manuscrips and English essay writing. It provides writers with a method for providing reference for their sources by using parenthetical notations in between as well as by citing the complete information in their Works Cited pages. Writers who use it also are wlling to give dues to source material.Lastly, the use of MLA style can protect writers from accusations of plagiarism due to unauthorised use of quotes and material.
If your lecturer asks you to use MLA format, please start by reading the the MLA Handbook for Writers of Research Papers. Publishing scholars,research scholars, and graduate students can also refer to the MLA Style Manual and Guide to Scholarly Publishing. These are readily available at any bookstore or library.
Heres a quick recap of the general guidelines used in a usual MLA formatted assignemnt –paper:
- Prepare by typing your paper on a white, single, sided, paper sheets, using 8.5 x 11-inch paper.
- Use a legible font like Arial, Times New Roman or Courier and double space all the type written work.
- After periods and punctuatin marks leave only one space, unless otherwise specified by your instructor.
- Underline or italicize books, magazines, and journal titles and enclose the titles of articles, research papers, poems, and short stories in quotation marks.
- Number all pages in the upper right-hand corner, one-half inch from the top and close to the right margin.
- Use either italics or underlining in your essay for the titles of long works.
- If you have any endnotes, put them on a separate page placed before your Works Cited page.
- Do not make a title page unless specifically asked for.
- In the upper left-hand corner of the first page, put your name, your lecturers name, the course name, the date and double-space the text.
- Double space again after putting your name and the lecturers name, and center the title. Write the title in Title Case, not in all capitals.
- When you are citing work from a web site follow as many of the following points as possible:name of the author or editor, title of the work in italics, publication information, date of publication, date you acessed the information, and URL.
The MLA style of research paper writing is widely used in Law School, Languages and Humanities to provide an easy uninterrupted type of reading. It also provides information about of research methods;topic suggestions; guidance on composing outlines, choosing references etc. If using this method is difficult for you , what you can try is getting some one else to write the paper for you. EssayCapital has a large range of writers who are well versed in the MLA type of writing and can provide a custom written term papers to suit you every need . So write in for a solution to your problem right now. No matter what your term paper format, we can write it! We can cope with any research paper topic!
- FREE unlimited amendments
- FREE title page
- FREE bibliography
- FREE outline
- FREE e-mail delivery
- FREE formatting