APA style of research papers: How to write them
The APA style of research papers or the Publication manual of the American Psychological Association is widely used in almost types of scientific research-writing and is oriented toward undergraduate students. Scientific research is basically for the public and should be written in a clear, easily understandable style which can communicate ideas and results immediately without any doubt. Get more useful tips on how to write a research paper and how to buy an essay.
Here are a few tips on how to incorporate the APA style of writing in your assignment.
- Use a legible font 12 type font, with double spacing and type the paper on a computer or typewriter. Set one inch margins on all sides for the reviewer's comments. Just staple or pin the finished product.
- Use complete sentences without incomplete hyphenation. Try to avoid slang and contractions. Proof read the copy for grammatical mistakes, formatting, and spelling. Style details
- You are writing this assignment for a scientific journal and a lot of details can be learnt buy noting the previous papers which have submitted to the same journal.
- Avoid using sexist language and excessive use of me, myself and personally speaking.
- Use past tense for abstract, introduction and method and use present tense for results and conclusion.
- Get a friend to evaluate your essay .If he can't understand it, then its time to change the language. Abbreviations and numbers
- Spell out the abbreviation for the first time and then use the abbreviation through out.
- Do not use too many.
- All number citations should be in metric. The numbers zero to nine are spelled out. The numbers 10 and above are written as numerals. Spell out any number if it is the first word in the sentence. Be consistent. Title page
- Put a header on the first page which consists of the first two or three words of the title followed by the page number. It is used by the reviewers to identify the pages of the manuscript. It is placed in the upper right hand corner of all pages of the manuscript.
- The title should summarize the main idea of the paper in 10-12 words and it should be left oriented and all in caps. Put the abstract on page 2 and introduction on page 3. The format for writing the header is the same as that of the title page.
The APA style of research paper give precise information about almost everything that is required in a good assignment and it's not really possible to mention all of them in this article. If you are finding it difficult to follow and remember all of the guidelines on the manual and your instructors are pretty strict, it's better to refer the work to EssayCapital professional research paper writing service. Whatever the reason is, take this advice seriously, its better to get your lifetime's work professionally written rather than messing it up irreversibly on your own.
- FREE unlimited amendments
- FREE title page
- FREE bibliography
- FREE outline
- FREE e-mail delivery
- FREE formatting