Tuesday, February 2, 2010
Students pass through many levels of education which involves proving their proficiency at each of the gateways to the next level. Your performance in these tests and the grades you get become more and more important as you move up the educational ladder. A-levels tests or Advanced level tests are conducted in all subjects to ascertain the students’ proficiency in the subject. The pattern of the tests and the syllabus may not be the same everywhere but an A level qualification is considered valid in most countries.
There was a time when getting through an A-level test was considered to be a big achievement. But in today’s word of heavy competition, passing the test alone won’t be of any use. The grades you get also matter very much. The method of preparation for these tests can be determined only by studying the syllabus and the test pattern. But there are a few things which apply to the tests and the test essays, in all subjects and all universities alike. By remembering these points while preparing for the test, you can get through the tests with good grades.
1. Good preparation is the key to getting through an A-level exam. Getting sample A-level papers, studying them and practicing on them would give you a very good idea of how the test works.
2. Consider your syllabus and try to find out what kind of questions usually come up. If you can lay hands on the question papers of the previous few years, it will be most ideal. But do not expect the same questions to be repeated. It will not be. But it would give you a fair knowledge of the pattern of the tests as well as the kind of questions asked.
3. Study your subject thoroughly. Do not expect the questions to be straight-forward. Chances are that the questions will be quite confusing and from the most unexpected angles of the subjects. The questions in A-level tests can be answered quite efficiently if you are familiar with the technique of essay writing. Hence practice the art of writing impressive and interesting essays before appearing for the tests.
4. Remember that these tests evaluate not only your knowledge of the main subject you are studying but also your general intellectual level. Hence you need to fine tune your writing and presentation skills before sitting for the tests.
5. Excellent language is a must in order to score well in A-level test essays. Even though English students are the ones who get scrutinized most for their usage of words and phrases, grammatical or structural errors and spelling mistakes are not excused in any A level essays. Irrespective of the subject, your writing is expected to be completely flawless.
6. Do not worry about big words. The time when complex words and sentence structures were considered as impressive is gone. Instead of wasting your time thinking of longer and more complex words, use simple words to prepare your answers. It will save you a lot of time as well as the risk of using a wrong word.
A-level tests are all about proving your level of proficiency in your subject. These tests also project your communication and presentation skills. Hence the best way to achieve good grades is to prepare well. If you wish to avail of any help with your A-level essays, our academic writers shall be glad to assist you.
- FREE unlimited amendments
- FREE title page
- FREE bibliography
- FREE outline
- FREE e-mail delivery
- FREE formatting
+44 (0) 2030-74264-74995