Wednesday, March 31, 2010
Tips on writing exemplification essays
When assigned an essay project, you first job is to find out what type of essay has been asked for. Each essay has its own objective and presentation layout. Without knowing the objective, you will not be able to prepare a good essay. An exemplification essay puts the point across to the readers through examples. There are certain aspects which sets it apart from the other types of essays. These facts must be known to you before you start writing the essay to help you incorporate the right kind of style into your writing.
- Exemplification essays work on generalized topics. It can logically be fathomed that as the focus of a topic narrows, the examples would also become lesser and when it touches the central point, there would be no examples to present. Hence, remember that you must choose a topic which is generalized, as per the guidelines of your assignment.
- One risk while dealing with generalized topics or theories is that of accidental digression. This is due to the lack of a concentrated focus. The only solution is to bring your focus upon something; in this case, on the generalized theory. Note the theory down somewhere for reference and keep checking at regular intervals to see if you are on the right track.
- Provide relevant examples. The examples you give must be focused on the specific aspect or specific angle of the topic you are addressing. Even if you fail to find enough relevant examples, irrelevant ones will not help anyway.
- Use an outline. An exemplification essay has a wider focus. There is also the fact that it works on multiple examples, all of which must be relevant to the focal point. Hence attempting to write such an essay without an outline would be unwise. The outline will help you focus on the theory you are writing on as well as keep you well within the limits.
- Even though you will be presenting more than one example, you must remember to link it to each other using the main theory. An essay cannot be made of individual points which are not connected. Link each of the examples to the introduction and the conclusion, thus tying it together.
- Pay attention to the structural components and its contents. Allot a separate paragraph for each point. That will make it easier for the readers to follow your points. Introduce the topic well in the introduction and wind up the discussion effectively in the conclusion.
Exemplification essays are not very difficult to work on, if you know the objectives of this type of essay assignment. But as in the case of any writing assignment you need good writing skills to prepare an impressive essay of this nature too. If you feel that you have not yet mastered the skill of writing well, you may consider getting it written by professional academic writers. We have writers from all subject areas who can help you prepare outstanding essays on your subject as per your project requirements.
- FREE unlimited amendments
- FREE title page
- FREE bibliography
- FREE outline
- FREE e-mail delivery
- FREE formatting
+44 (0) 2030-74264-74995