Essay rubric is a scoring tool. Do score with our writers who know how to use it!
Essay rubric are effective ways to grade essays, end confusion and help students to write better. At the same time they simplify teachers’ life too. A rubric saves time and decreases subjectivity of teachers. Specific criteria are explicitly stated, facilitating the grading process and increasing a teacher’s objectivity. The use of grading rubrics helps the students to meet or even exceed expectations of the assignment, to view the grading process as being “fair,” and to set goals for future learning. The use of the rubric decreases the likelihood that students will dispute the grade they receive. The transparency of the expectations helps students to know exactly why they lost (or can lose) points on the assignment and aids them in setting goals for future improvement. Essay rubrics are used as a fantastic learning tool for students learning how to structure an essay topic. There are rubrics variants for purely teachers’ usage (inside information), but there are also variants that are written in the language students understand.
Rubric is a list of main points to be graded that should be covered in the essay. These lists often consist of the following rubrics (they may vary slightly in some cases):
- thesis and argument, organization, paragraphs, style or voice and grammar, spelling and punctuation, an overall impression category (optional);
- thesis, understanding of the question, analysis, documentary evidence, supportive information, grammar and structure, organization and writing style;
- (for SAT essay) development of position, organization, use of language, sentence structure, grammar and word usage;
- (for persuasive essay) the claim, reasons in support and against it, organization, voice and tone, word choice, sentence fluency, conventions;
- focus and development, organization, voice, sentence structure and word choice, grammar and mechanics;
- format, understanding of literature/texts, idea development, text support, organizational pattern, word choice, sentence structure, transitional devices, language mechanics.
- The grading is often based on the letters A+, A, B, C, D and F. The grading system can also be assessed with points 1 through 5 or 6 (sometimes even more), point 1 representing weak essay elements and the highest point representing strong writing skills.
Essay rubrics can be treated as the so called guides or routes to high essay achievements. If you are familiar with them, follow their requirements and perform in conformance with them, you can reach essay writing heights unheard of before. Be sure to obtain, if possible, a copy of the rubric your teacher uses for essay evaluation. Consult it before you proceed with the writing process, in the course of it and after its completion. It’s like you try on your teacher’s shoes and can anticipate his/her reaction and evaluation. It is very useful for the development of your logical thinking and the ability to assess the problem from different points of view.
In case you need help, we are good at writing essays according to the requirements and live up to the expectations to satisfy the demands of any essay rubrics. Our writers are well experienced in the academic sphere and properly equipped with all the tools necessary for the accomplishment of any task. You are welcome to order an essay at us and be assured it is done in compliance with essay rubrics requirements!
- FREE unlimited amendments
- FREE title page
- FREE bibliography
- FREE outline
- FREE e-mail delivery
- FREE formatting