Thursday, April 8, 2010
Tips on writing good descriptive essays
Descriptive essays are very interesting to write, if you are a person who possesses a reasonable amount of creativity and writing skills. The objective of a descriptive assignment is different from that of other types of essays. This type of essay, as is obvious from the term, describes the matter in much more detail than other assignments. The way you describe your topic is what would make the difference.
There are a few things which you must know while handling an essay of descriptive nature.
• A good description will be capable of making the reader see the described matter instead of just reading about it. Only a clear description which touches even the finest aspects of the topic would be able to accomplish the task of making the reader see what you are describing. Hence ensure quality of writing while you are writing a descriptive essay. For example, if you are describing a cool winter morning, you must be able to make the reader see the misty morning atmosphere, hear the birds chirping, feel the chill and smell the freshness of a winter morning.
• Consider the specific aspect which you wish to write on. If it is a generalized topic, then make sure that you stay focused on the matter of discussion. Topics which are narrowed down also make good descriptive topics. But make sure that you can find enough matter to fill the necessary number of pages. For example, if you are describing the scene of explosion, you can either choose to describe the whole scene or you can choose to describe the agony of one of the victims. But whereas you will have multiple subjects and matters to discuss about the scene as a whole, you may not be able to fill many pages with the description of one victim. Hence, consider the topic and the page limit before deciding on what to focus on.
• Preparing an essay outline would help you remember and organize the points you wish to include in your descriptive essay. You can think of which all aspects can be used to describe your topic and in which order it would create maximum effect in the minds of the readers. Without an outline, it is possible that you miss out on some of the points or specific descriptive aspects.
• Write in flawless language. Grammatical errors and spelling mistakes can ruin the effect created by your description. Express yourself in simple but effective language. Complex words do not manage to always create the right kind of impression.
Writing skills are absolutely necessary for the purpose of writing descriptive essays. Good presentation skills would be an added asset while handling such an assignment. If you are not feeling confident about your writing abilities or if you don’t have enough time to develop the topic into an impressive description, there is no need to despair. We have professional academic writers who are familiar with academic writing style and who are highly skilled with words. They will be able to prepare an outstanding essay for you, as per your preferences and the specifications of your assignment.
- FREE unlimited amendments
- FREE title page
- FREE bibliography
- FREE outline
- FREE e-mail delivery
- FREE formatting
+44 (0) 2030-74264-74995