Essay on Criticism
Essay on Criticism is a moralistic poem in heroic couplets written by Alexander Pope, published in 1711. It contains satiric portrayal of bad critics. Apart from attacking the bad critics, it also tries to set practical rules to judge literature. It suggests prerequisites of mind to be a critic, methods to develop the judgment abilities and stresses the importance of taste above all criteria. This is also known for the Pope's famous quotes "To err is Humane; to Forgive, Divine". Our company has engaged a team of professional and qualified literature writers who have all the skills needed to write excellent literary essays. Their profound knowledge allows them to extract the deeper meanings of the scholarly works which might be difficult for a normal person to discover.
The essay on the poem should essentially include the following points:
- Importance of Essay on Criticism in literature.
- Why and how author considers taste as the important attribute for a person to be critic.
- Explain why this essay is often called as the first of its kind of works on criticism.
- Use of phrases like "To err is Humane; to Forgive, Divine".
- Quality parameters described by Pope for a critic.
Our company ensures that the writers strictly follow all the standard guidelines while writing essays on the literatures. The essay must adhere to a standard essay format divided into the following sections:
- Introduction - Establishes the key objective of the essay. The opening serves as a map to the matter in the essay. The introduction contains a background about the characters and describes the core point of the poem.
- Body - The body consists of two to three paragraphs. It explains the theme in the introduction. The body explains the series of incidents in the play.
- The essay conclusion - The conclusion summarizes the main points discussed in the short essay. It can contain a logical view.
There are a number of reasons for choosing our company to work for you.
- Our company guarantees original custom essays provided with a free plagiarism report.
- We offer 24 hour help, 7 days a week through phone, fax, and email.
- We have experts doing your jobs customized specially keeping in mind your expectations from us. We strictly follow the standard guidelines for making the articles more presentable.
- We ensure that your messages are replied by our writers promptly and instantly.
- Orders are completed in time maintaining the optimum quality.
- Assignments are completed on short notices effectively by experienced and qualified writers.
Confident about our services we offer full money back guarantee.
The poet discusses in the poem, Essay on Criticism, that duty of the critic is not to condemn the author; rather act as a guide. To be a critic, one must appreciate the work and should possess same taste. The essay is first of its kind to discuss the role and quality of critics. It tried to lay the benchmark for critics. Another significant work by Alexander Pope is An Essay on Man.
- FREE unlimited amendments
- FREE title page
- FREE bibliography
- FREE outline
- FREE e-mail delivery
- FREE formatting