Research paper writing can be an overwhelming task to some. Indeed, in comparison to essay writing, research paper can truly be considered as more complicated for this requires extensive exploration of the subject matter. Writing an examination paper necessitates numbers of important elements. It requires competence and experience. It calls for perseverance and patience. Students are trained in universities but not all of them learn how to do a research paper.
Writing a research paper has simple but crucial procedure:
• Select an engaging theme. Argumentative research paper topics and other controversial research topics are themes that are instantly appealing for the reason that the subjects are conflict-ridden. It is imperative for the researchers to come about an interesting research subject; a research topic is what normally captures the attention of the readers and other researchers.
• Create a catchy introduction and stirring research paper conclusion. These two parts of a paper is said to be crucial. Introduction must be captivating to make the readers want to read more. On the other hand, the conclusion must also be impressive for this is the writer’s opportunity to bring in his last significant arguments.
• Create a draft; do not be scared of transferring sentences from a paragraph to another. Moving words or sentences can actually enhance the paper outline. Researchers must not be anxious about relocating sentences to place them to paragraphs where those will more appropriate.
• Use sources to intensify the exploration of the issues. No matter how competent the researcher is, other written works, as well as other projects published in the internet must e used to be able to accomplish a complete work. Examination of other researcher’s projects, including articles that are related to the chosen theme will definitely assist the writer to enhance his own study.
• Cite sources accurately, adhering to the citation style required by the teacher-in-charge. It is not illegal to utilize another researcher’s works; however, one should give credit where it is due. To avoid plagiarism, writers must provide a reference list(s) to identify all resources used in their projects. In-text citation must also be done—this is what will lead the readers to the citation made at the end o the study. When an author fails to correctly mention the sources, he may be accused of plagiarism or illegal use or copying of published work(s).
• Check for typographical and grammatical errors. Even competent and seasoned writers commit mistakes. It will always help to ensure that words were typed correctly and that grammars are accurate.
Factors that greatly affect the quality of a research paper are:
- Language—or the tone of the project.
- Well-written research paper cover page.
- Arrangement or paper outline.
- Accurate reference lists.
Undeniably, research paper writing can be a tedious assignment to some. Then again, its role in the attainment of a good academic standing is indispensable. Research can also be interesting; it just depends on how the students take it.